Privacy and Personal Information Policy
Helpmeorganics is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and using the information you provide to us responsibly.
This Privacy and Personal Information Policy (together with our Terms and Conditions) set out.
Use of your personal information:
We may collect and use the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of ordering goods through our site, signing up to use our newsletter and social media, posting material or requesting further services.
- Information submitted when you enter a competition or promotion or when you respond to a survey and/or when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and the fulfilment of your orders. However we never store your payment details
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, which URL you used to get to our Website, searches you make, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
- Information about yourself provided by you to us for specific purposes.
To help us improve our services, if you send us personal information which identifies you via email, we may keep your email and your email address.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, we do not seek to collect “sensitive personal information” – that is information relating to race, ethnic origin, political opinion, religious or similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual orientation, criminal records. We recommend that you do not provide such information to us. If you choose to do so for any reason, this will mean that you have given (and we accept) your explicit consent for us to use that information for the reasons described in this policy, or as explained at the time you provide the information.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology and the security of Paypal.
SECURITY OF SHARED INFORMATION
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Website, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and require our suppliers to do the same.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell our customer lists and we will never pass your details on to third parties for any purpose unless you have consented to us doing so unless it is for the following reasons.
- In the event that we sell Helpmeorganics in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If you have consented to us sending you marketing information you have the right to change your mind and ask us not to send you marketing information any more. As mentioned above we will always ask you (before collecting your information) if you would like to receive information from us for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not ticking the box on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) gives you the right to access information held about you and for you to request that changes be made to this information if it is inaccurate or not up to date.
You right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee (as amended from time to time) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you